UKRIO responds to public consultations by other organisations including the UK Government on current and key issues.
Our responses draw upon UKRIO’s unique role and expertise and our considerable experience in helping researchers, organisations and the public with issues of research conduct across all subject areas.
In addition to written consultation responses, UKRIO has also been called upon to give oral evidence at the House of Commons.
A selection of our responses to public consultations is shown below. If you would like further information on any of the consultation responses please contact us.
- March 2013: HEFCE consultation on whether compliance with the Concordat to Support Research Integrity should become a condition of its grants
- February 2013: House of Commons Science and Technology Committee inquiry into clinical trials
- May 2012: UUK/RCUK/HEFCE/Wellcome Trust consultation on ‘The Concordat to Support Research Integrity’
- March 2012: submission to ‘Shaping an Effective National Role for the Health Research Authority’
- February 2012: Medical Research Council consultation on ‘Good Research Practice: Principles and guidelines’
- June 2011: letter from Professor Sir Ian Kennedy, Chair of UKRIO, to Andrew Miller MP, Chair of House of Commons Science and Technology Commitee
- May 2011: supplementary written evidence for House of Commons Science and Technology Committee inquiry into peer review
- March 2011: House of Commons Science and Technology Committee inquiry into peer review
- September 2010: Review of the regulation and governance of medical research by the Academy of Medical Sciences: call for evidence on the function and scope of a proposed ‘single research regulator’.
- June 2010: Review of the regulation and governance of medical research by the Academy of Medical Sciences.
- September 2009: General Medical Council consultation on Good practice in research and Consent to research.
- October 2008: Research Councils consultation on consultation on Integrity, Clarity and Good Management – Code of Conduct and Policy on the Governance of Good Research Conduct.